Firing up Qatar
The Nando's cockerel landed on the sunny shores of Qatar in 2001, with the first restaurant located on Salwa Road followed by the flagship store which opened in City Centre Mall in 2002. It didn’t take long for the word to get around or for the people of Qatar to get addicted to spicing things up with a fix of flame-grilled PERi-PERi chicken.
Thanks to their passion for PERi-PERi, Nando's now has 7 restaurants in Qatar with two more scheduled to open in 2016.
Nando's continues to spice up Qatar with our flame-grilled PERi-PERi chicken and Afro-Portugese inspired sides. Come try some!
In the true Nando’s spirit of adventure and discovery, we plan to fire up many more destinations with PERi-PERi over the next few years, simply because we can’t get enough of welcoming guests to our Casas (restaurants). Many have become lifelong friends and we’re honoured to be part of the fabric of their communities.
Be it through our Afro-Portuguese inspired food or our hospitality – we love giving our customers an experience they want more of and we can’t wait to welcome you!
History of Nando’s in Qatar
- 2001 - Nando's opens its first restaurant on Salwa Road.
- 2002 - Qatar's first flagship store opened in City Centre Mall - Doha. City Centre Mall branch is the top-selling Nando's in the Middle-East.
- 2008 – Al Sadd restaurant opens.
- 2010 – Nando’s opens in another shopping mall - Hyatt Plaza Mall.
- 2012 - Financial Square located on C-Ring Road opens with the new generation design, followed by a revamp of the Salwa Road branch in the same year.
- 2013 - Al Sadd branch is closed and relocated to Bin Omran - the first day of trade was on Qatar National Day (18 December).
- 2014 - Nando's opens in Medina Centrale, in The Pearl -Qatar right opposite Novo Cinema.
- 2015 - Seventh restuarant opens in Gulf Mall which is located on North Road. The restuarant features a stunning outdoor area.
- Next? Opening in Northgate Mall, Mall of Qatar and Doha Festival City.
The Nando’s way